Emergency Help & Advice

Access Support for Self Harm

Self-harm is when somebody intentionally damages or injures their body. It's usually a way of coping with or expressing overwhelming emotional distress.

If you're self-harming, you should see your GP for help. They can refer you to healthcare professionals at a local community mental health service for further assessment. This assessment will result in your care team working out a treatment plan with you to help with your distress.

Additionally there are organisations that offer support and advice for people who self-harm, as well as their friends and families. These include:

Self Injury Support

Emotional support, listening and signposting for women  and girls affected by self injury

UK Wide womens self injury helpline is now open on Wednesdays from 7-9pm and Thursdays from 3-5pm.  You can call them for confidential, non judgemental emotional support around self injury.

Phone: 0808 800 8088

For more information about self harm click here