Emergency Help & Advice

Contact Social Care

What to do if you're concerned about a child's safety or welfare.

If you are concerned about the safety and welfare of a child or adult you can raise your concerns to your area social services team. Equally if you are a parent or carer of  a child, or an older person who is finding it difficult to cope at home or want to find out if there is any additional help available to you, you can contact the teams directly.

For more information about making a referral to social care or where you can access support from you local team, please see below.

How to report a concern


If a child is in immediate danger, left alone or missing, you should contact the police directly and/or an ambulance using 999.


If there is no immediate danger but you are concerned about a child’s welfare, contact the MASH using the contact details below:

Email: MASH@northamptonshire.gcsx.gov.uk

Telephone: 0300 126 1000


Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and Child Protection Team
Children, Families and Education
Criminal Justice Centre
700 Pavilion Drive

Out of hours

If you need to contact children's social care urgently during the evening, at night or at the weekend, phone the out of hours team on 01604 626938.

What happens next?

To find out what happens after you report a concern click here.