Register with a Dentist
It makes sense to register with a dentist that is local to where you live. However, you do not have to live locally and you may wish to choose a dentist closest to where you work or spend most of your time.
It may also not be possible to register with your most local dentist, as there is only a certain number of patients each dentist can accept.
For information on how to find your local dentist click click here.
To register with a dentist is free of charge but for dental treatment even on the NHS you are required to pay. The treatments go up in Bands:
- Band 1 - £23.80 for a basic check of teeth, gums and mouth, x-ray, scale and polish if needed, information on how to prevent future problems, application of fluoride and much more listed online.
- Band 2 - £65.20 which covers all of Band 1 and other dental problems such as fillings, root canal work or tooth removals. Again you will find a full list on the link below.
- Band 3 - £282.80 for any treatment of Bands 1 & 2 plus crowns, dentures and bridges.
If you chose to go to a private dentist, the charges for treatment may be much higher and will vary from dentist to dentist.
- call a dentist: some surgeries offer appointments at short notice
- if you do not have a dentist, find one using NHS 111